Sports & recreation
Istria (Croatia) is a splendid destination when you are interested in an active holiday. IstraPanorama can make numerous proposals for outdoor activities, sports, cultural and gastronomic tours, up to more laid-back things such as enjoying beaches or health centers.
Possibilities: hiking, biking, horse back riding or sailing, culture or gastronomy
What does Istria offer?
Various types of activities are possible. Indeed why not discover more from Istria or enjoy a more active holiday. Of course we can recommend a visit to the medieval towns around you, Motovun, Oprtalj, Groznjan and Buzet. And of course do not miss the Venetian coastal towns such as Porec, Rovinj or Vrsar, which are only 20 km birds'-eye away from our houses. Or why not explore the coast by boat or the hinterland of Istria on foot or bike? It offers great panoramic views, well preserved villages and pure nature. More relaxed is to go to one of the many beaches or enjoy the natural gifts this region has to offer. What is best known for the region is the truffles found in the woods in the Mirna valley. But also olive oil, mushrooms and wine, together with excellent meat and fish, are typical local ingredients used in the many excellent restaurants. Another alternative are the warm water springs of Istarske Toplice. And when returning home we can arrange a personal massage in our wellness. Indeed too much to choose from. For more information and concrete proposals see below.
There are tours for everyone, beginners and well-trained athletes, young and old, with or without guide. Or you could take a relaxing tour by boat around the Istrian coast with its typical Venetian towns. You can rent a boat with or without a captain, or simply join a boat tour, which you can book in any port. And for those who seek new experiences we can make arrangements to explore caves or for paragliding. The mild Istrian climate allows you to enjoy these sports and other recreational activities. And in the evening, you can enjoy the rich and diverse gastronomy offered, from fresh seafood to the traditional Istrian meals. Or just relax in a wellness, whether it is your own in-house wellness or the nearby spa "Istarske Toplice".
Some specific examples:
- Massage in our wellness by a massage specialist: extra 50 €/hour/person
- Truffle day: accompany the local truffle hunters (with dogs) and have a top chef prepare an exquisite meal in your own holiday house: 60 €/person (incl. superb local wine)
On request we can give details and prices for:
- Hiking or biking: various guided tours, either half day (without meals) or a full day with lunch and drink at arrival
- A visit to the vineyards and olive oil plantations, with tasting (incl. lunch)
- Horse riding: a half-day event, where you can stroll in beautiful Istria
- Sailing: rent a luxury sailing boat or fast speedboat to discover the little bays, the islands and picturesque Venetian coastal towns. On request we can offer you a multilingual captain
- Other: golfing, paragliding, motorbikes, visiting caves, water sports, etc.