Casa Acqua Dolce: a luxury house with its own spa only for you
This four star holiday house at only half an hour drive from the coast offers the perfect possibility of a day at the beach with the calm of a little town in the interior of Istria. Here you can relax in your own spa and enjoy a delicious diner on a terrace with a breathtaking view, while the sun goes down (more information on location at Google Map).
The house accommodates 1 to 8 people in all comfort. There are 4 en suite bedrooms. Prices depend on the number of bedrooms used. However, even if you are alone, we always guarantee that you have the whole house exclusively to yourself. We simply close the non-used bedrooms. The rest of the house, including living, kitchen and spa, remains accessible only for your group.
Of course it is the spa or wellness, in the two lower floors, that makes this house so unique. It offers an indoor pool with jetstream/water massage, Jacuzzi, two showers with warm 'cuddle' walls, sauna, cold water bath, relax area with electrical massage mattress and changing room (with refrigerator, wine glasses and even a hair dryer) - more information about the spa.
Furthermore the house disposes of central heating (floor heating). As such the house can be used all year round. So why not come during spring or in autumn, the season of the white truffle (September till January). Free Wi-Fi is available.
A special feature is the large panoramic view from the living room and terrace, overlooking a Tuscan-like landscape, with vineyards and olive trees, as well as the main square and the town "lodgia" from the 17th century and the city square with the large chestnut trees. On a clear day one can see the Adriatic Sea and the Alps at the same time. But possibly the best experience is to dine on the terrace at sunset.
The house was completely renovated in 2006. We did respect the historical treasures that we found in the house, such as the old city rampart of the 12th century.
Prices and conditions
|1 à 2||1||7||€ 1.000|
|3 à 4||2||7||€ 1.350|
|5 à 6||3||7||€ 1.700|
|7 à 8||4||7||€ 1.990|
The whole house with spa only for you!
Whether you rent the complete house or just one room for the two of you, in any case you have the house to yourself, including living area, kitchen, spa (Jacuzzi, indoor pool, sauna) and terraces. We just close the remaining bedrooms.
gas and water; free Wi-Fi; cleaning; use of bed linen, bath towels (not beach towels), bathing robe and tea towels; use of the swimming pool, spa and garden furniture; information package; property cleaned and prepared for your arrival with beds made up.
electricity, which is to be paid at the end based on the actual electricity consumption; beach towels, breakfast or any other catering (can be ordered separately); tourist tax (1€/adult, day and 0,5€/child above 11 years,day); travel arrangements to and from the property; travel insurance; other services.
• Prices are per seek with Saturday as arrival and checkout day (checkout 10h00, arrival between 16 and 19h00). In case you would prefer a different arrival and checkout day, please contact us or phone us (+32 - 475 - 969865).
• In case two weeks or more are booked, a reduction of 5% is granted. For periods less then one week, please contact us or phone us (+32 - 475 - 969865).
• After your booking you will have to confirm your reservation. For this we do request an advance payment of 50% of the total amount. Once we receive this payment on our account, we will send you a mail confirming your reservation and indicate these dates on the calendar as "full". At least 30 days before your arrival, we need to receive the full amount. At arrival we will ask for a guarantee of 250 €.
• In case of cancellation more than 30 days before arrival we count 50% of the renting amount, thereafter 100%.
• No smoking allowed inside the house.
• No dogs allowed.
House lay-out, furnishing and equipment
• Upstairs you will find the four double rooms, each with a large double bed and en-suite bathroom. In each bed- and bathroom we have accentuated a very distinct atmosphere, so different from room to room. The walls of the showers have been plastered with "tadelact", an old Moroccon technique, using special chalk-clay, olive oil and black soap. This together with the "rainforest" showerheads make showering a wonderful experience.
• There is a fully equipped modern open kitchen, with a dishwasher, oven, fridge (with small freezer) and microwave. All kitchen utensils are available. A small siting area with library and radio/CD is situated in the same area.
• In the living room you find comfortable leather easy-chairs. The large sliding windows in the living room make it possible to tranfer this area into a covered terrace with magnificent view. There is a large diner table for eight. The dining and living room are located on the same floor. It offers an open fireplace, satellite TV, radio, DVD Dolby Surround system, and free Wifi. At the same level you find the entrance hall with small toilet.
• The spa disposes of an inside swimming pool, water stream jet, sauna, cold water bath, Jacuzzi, a massage mattress, foot bath and showers, these last two with warm cuddle wall. Downstairs there is a dressing room with small fridge, wine glasses and hair dryer. Furthermore there is a separate toilet.
• There are two large terraces. A 'green' terrace in front of the house you can enjoy a sunny breakfast or hide from the warm afternoon sun. On the large terrace upstairs you have a spectacular view. This area is completely protected from the strong "Bura" winds. Here you find a barbecue (BBQ) and outside kitchen. It is a great place to have your diners and to watch the sunset.
• For hot days, there is an air-conditioner in the living room. Fans are available for the bedrooms. The whole house can be heated by a central heating system (floor heating). This allows the house to be used all-year-round.
• Downstairs there is a wash-place with washing machine, dryer and iron. Bed linen, bath towels (not beach towels), bathing robe and tea towels are available for our guests.
Next door to the house there is a small, but clean hotel, allowing larger groups to find additional accommodation. Please contact us for more information or phone +32 - 475 - 969865.
Facilities in Oprtalj and surroundings
Crossing the street, under the loggia, you find a typical "enoteka", where local Istrian products are sold. On the main square, next to the Loggia, there is a typical local "Kanoba" or bar-restaurant, with a large terrace offering under the trees offering a spectacular view.
A small grocery, at only 40 m from the house, is open every day (also on Sundays) from 8h00. There are larger well-stocked department stores in Buzet and Buje, both at 20km. In Buzet there is also a medical centre, in nearby Motovun a pharmacy.
For children, Oprtalj is one large playground. In its small streets only a few local cars pass each day. A small playground is only 100m away.
Furthermore you will find a post office (where you can also change money) and Catholic Church in town. Parking is possible at the town square at 50m from the house. Is this is full, there is a larger parking at 100 m.
In Oprtalj, and Istria as a whole, many speak various languages such as Croatian, Italian, English and German. So communication is no problem.
Additional information about the location
Oprtalj is a small mediaeval hilltop town, just North of Motovun. In this region Italian is a language spoken by many locals. They call the city Portole. The Romans founded the city as a stopover on the road between Italy and Porec. As such it is one of the oldest towns in Istria. Though it has lost its importance, the advantage is that this little sleepy town is like a living museum, in which you can wander around, imagining how it once was.
One of the major attractions of Oprtalj is its 'konoba' (bar-resaurant) with its unique terrace under the trees next to the loggia and in front of the town gate. From there you have a breathtaking view over Oprtalj's surrounding. It is truly one of Istria's most beautiful places where even on hot summer days you find a shady and cool place to enjoy the life around you.
The town is located at about 20km from the Adriatic Sea. Triest in Italy is some 35km away, the Slovene border about 10km. It is an excellent starting point for going to the seaside, hiking and biking tours, or to visit idyllic little towns. Moreover many attractions, such as Europe's largest waterpark near Novigrad at 20 minutes drive, have been created.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an information package by e-mail. On arrival you will also find a folder with detailed information about the house; what to do and see; what in case of an emergency; and with contacts and useful telephone numbers.
For more information, please contact us or phone us (+32 - 475 - 969865).